I can’t separate my business from my core values as a person.
I thought I’d shared so you can see a bit more who I am.
- My compass to act in life is being kind, useful without taking any sh*t. (A friend offered me this sticker, how perfect is it for me! <3 ). Being kind doesn’t mean you have no boundaries or should accept everything and anything.
- Fairness and equality are for me non-negotiables as is inclusivity. My business welcomes everybody regardless of age, sex identity, sexuality, skin color or religion. I support LGBTQ+ rights and I am working at understanding racism and white privilege.
- Never judge someone situation. Life is hard and you never know what battle they fought or are fighting. Respect everybody’s pain.
- Many things can feel obvious, but just because “it goes without saying” doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be said. Obvious for me or you doesn’t mean obvious for everyone. Biggest example: Consent.
- Hate speech is an absolute no and one of the few things that will get you out of my life entirely.
- Not all projects are good for everyone, not getting a certain job doesn’t make you less valuable,
- Everything you are and everything you know makes you unique and will make clients connect with you
True for me
- I’m an advocate of self-care in business, a lover of routines, apps and things helping the medicine go down.
- I refuse to think people can’t master techy stuff.
- You CAN tackle serious problems while laughing and being silly.
- Learning is crucial in my life. I can sacrifice lots of things but not the opportunity to learn. One of the reasons I absolutely love the Internet.
- I love diving in tech problems and learning. That tickles my brain and makes me feel alive.
- I love brainstorming, solving problems, looking for solutions. It’s exciting. Like being Sherlock Holmes. Without the pipe. I don’t smoke. I’m resilient and learned how to bounce back, find work-around problems. I remind myself to keep that state of mind every day.
- I’m not afraid of being silly with quirky comparisons to people understand what they need to do.
- I believe hugs are often the best medicine.
In my home, here in the comments and on social media,
- everybody is welcome regardless of age, sex identity, sexuality, skin color or religion,
- we read with attention and open mind,
- we understand that not everybody has the same thinking, logic, values, ways of being stuck or communicating,
- we try to understand someone’s point before defending ourselves. Even if you are sure you are right, understanding how or why someone’s in pain is a gift that will expand your understanding of the World.
- we believe in helping each other, we like to share and support the community,
- we respect our pains and emotions,
- we don’t judge others or ourselves,
- we accept that where we’re at is where we should be, on a journey.
If this talks to you, come and join us on Facebook, in the free Cast & Crew Behind the scenes group where we help each other and where I do regular Livestreams talking about outreach, CV, how to buy a domain name, setting up a website and many more useful things.